Greece is one of the sunniest countries in the world.
Did you know that the whole country has more than 250 days of sun on average? That’s more than 3000 sunny hours per year. Some islands even see around 300 days of sun per year!.
Greek Food is world famous and delicious
Tzatziki, Feta Cheese, Moussaka, Gyros, Spanakopita, Souvlaki, Greek Salad, Calamari, Kleftiko and many more dishes are all Greek foods that you should try when you visit Greece.
98% of the total population are ethnic greeks
So, almost everyone in Greece is an ethnic Greek, and the rest of the population are minorities, mainly from Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria.
There are more than 2000 islands
That’s a lot of islands, but only 170 of them are populated. The other islands are uninhabited.
40% of the total population of Greece is residing in the capital Athens
While tourists mostly think of the islands, most Greeks actually live in the capital or Thessaloniki. 40% of the total population lives in Athens. Some of them also work on the islands during summer, but many of them live in Athens.
- Best Time to Travel to Greece: Late April to Early November.
- Best Time to Visit Greece for Good Weather: May to October has lots of sunny weather. July and August are the hottest months.
- Best Time to Visit Greece for Honeymoon: June and September.
- Best Time for Saving Money: March, April, May, October, and November have reduced hotel prices.
- Beaches in Greece are best for swimming and sunbathing from late May to early October.
Mainland Greece is at its best from June to September.
- Greece with Kids: Naxos is the best Greek island for families. The best time for a family vacation to Greece is late May to early October. July and August are great for the beach but not great for sightseeing.
- Santorini sightseeing is best from March to June and September to November. Athens sightseeing is best from March to June and September to November. Mykonos nightlife is best from July to early September. Mykonos beaches are best from June to September.
- High season in the Greek Islands runs from late June until early September. August is the busiest (most expensive) month.
- Santorini and Crete are the best islands to visit in winter and will have enough hotels and restaurants open to keep visitors happy. Athens is a good year-round destination.
Book Your Adventure Today!
Nationals of Armenia can apply for a Schengen visa (stays which do not exceed 90 days over a six-month period) for Greece at the Embassy of Greece in Armenia.
Application are to be presented at the “VFS GLOBAL” Visa Center in Nalbandyan Street 48/1
Tel: (+374 60) 740506, Monday to Friday, from (09:00-16:00)
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
H.E. Mrs. Nafsika Nancy Eva Vraila
Address: 6, Demirchian Street, 0002, Yerevan, Armenia
Consular Section (+374 11) 536754, (+374 11) 531051